Welcome

I've been asked to begin a blog that shows a "how-to" for the things that bring pleasure to my life. So, the intent of this blog is to share recipes, gardening, composting, sewing, crafts, art, everyday projects and even psychology tips to aid in healing wounds and living the life you're meant to live, a life with purpose!
Art PrintsArt Prints

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Art Award Nights, 2011 : Paintings, Artist.

Gallery Award Events for 2011; Jan, Feb, and April, (I did not enter anything the month of March: I am not usually as functional on the death anniversary of my husband; he died in that month).

Visit: http://lisakramerart.com/ , to see better quality pictures of the paintings listed here.
Last night we had an award night at Atlanta's gallery. For those that followed "Whimsical Affection", it won an award:
We spent some of the check on our dinner after the ceremony was over.
Here I am standing in front of "Should We Go In?"
"Should We Go In", won in Feburary. The subjects were my neighbor's adorable little boys. I thought putting them in the door of a kid's fantasy world would be a fun project. ;-)


"(Reality) An Ambrosial Metaphysical or Mortal Universe" won an Honorable Mention award:
I think the event was in late January. This is a painting of a dream I had. I do most of my work that way; I try to capture the dreams that I have. I keep a pen by my bed, so that I will not forget them when they come. To me, they are inspired works and I feel compelled to share. ;-)
 Here I am receiving a check from the President of the Art Association:
"Dreams" won the Cellar 13 contest in January. We had pictures of it hanging, but I cannot seem to locate the photos. Hee, he...They may have been deleted off the camera by someone who will remain ;0) un-named:

This is all the photos I have of award evenings. I will have to get better about taking a camera in future events. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels